The Cheapest ROOM

I'm passionate about books and reading...

Don't Let Go

Don't Let Go - Sharla Lovelace

This book surprised me, broke me and made me feel like I was living the story instead of the characters.

Don't Let Go was not what I expected. After reading the blurb I thought it would be the "same old" friends-to-lovers romance but IT WAS SO MUCH MORE!

At the beginning it was a bit hard for me to get into the story because the writing was "different". Not bad different, just different like I was used to. But after a few chapters the story truly sucked me in and didn't let go until I finished the whole book. It was truly UNPUTDOWNABLE!

What suprised me the most was that the romance wasn't what I enjoyed the most. I haven't experienced in real life the things the story was about, yet the book made me feel like I was living that life instead of the characters, it shattered me inside then put me back together. This is one of those books you'll never be the same after reading it.

In a nutshell, the book is about Jules and Noah, two people who became lovers after being friends since they were kids. At their age of seventeen a bad decision tore them apart and they haven't seen each other for 26 years. They can't run from the past though, especially when Noah comes back to his home town.

Don't Let Go was perfect from page one! Yet in the back of my mind I had a feeling like something was missing. I didn't know what it was because the writing was great, the story was engaging... Later I found out it was not a "something" but a "someone". I was astonished how could I miss someone from the book without "meeting" him/her first.

Then that "someone" came.

And I stared sobbing.

... and sobbing. Everything fell into place, like someone put together my shattered heart. It was indescribable.

I know it's quite vague but I don't want to ruin the book for you with spoilers.

THIS IS A MUST READ! I recommend it to everyone who likes their book with deeper emotions.

PS: I NEED to read that "someone's" story!!!

***** 5 unforgettable stars *****