The Cheapest ROOM

I'm passionate about books and reading...

Ruthless People

Ruthless People - J.J. McAvoy After reading the blurb I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. Ruthless People is truly unique in storyline, it's definitely not the typical lovey-dovey sappy romance with the same old elements.

When I started reading the book it was exactly what I needed. I was so tired of those heroines who always let other people to rule their life. In this sense Ruthless People was a breath of fresh air in the New Adult genre.

The good:

I LOVED the beginning and the sassy and charming characters, especially Melody.

“She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out she skinned and ate the damn thing just to use it as a coat. She’s a beast.”

She is not one of those characters who they could push around and tell her what to do. She wasn't scared to speak her mind to anyone. Liam was great as well, but I did not like him as much as I did like Melody.

There was a lot of funny banter between these two and I enjoyed every second of it.

The bad:

The book started out great but at about halfway through it turned cliché and I couldn't stand the change in characters.

I hated the insta-feelings from Liam and that he supposedly fell in love with Melody after only three days.

Sometimes the violence was TOO MUCH and didn't really make any sense. It was like they killed "just because" and it bothered me a lot.

THE SWEARING! It seemed like their every other word was some kind of swearing.

There were moments while reading when I had a feeling of deja vu and it felt like I was reading a Twilight fanfiction. (After I finished reading the book I actually heard this was REALLY a Twilight fanfic so it seems the feeling was right.)

The grammar mistakes were so annoying! I don't get it, I really don't. English is not my first language (it's my third actually) and I know my English is not perfect BUT even I know the difference between "your" and "you're"! So it's really annoying when I read these mistakes in every other book I read.

**2 stars**