The Cheapest ROOM

I'm passionate about books and reading...

Boomerang: A Boomerang Novel

Boomerang: A Boomerang Novel - Noelle August

1.5 stars, I did not like the book as a whole but the first few chapters were better so that's why the +0.5 stars.

I hate to rate this book so low because Veronica Rossi is one of my favorite authors, but I need to be honest, right? Boomerang was so boring, especially the last 60% that I found myself nodding off a lot.
It started promising, I loved Mia and Ethan in the first few chapters, but after that I couldn't really grab what this book was supposed to be about.

The characters were actual new adults, which was great but it was boring anyway.

Too much extremely boring inner monologues (mostly because they thought the same things, like hundred times) and sometimes irrelevant dialogues made me want to DNF this book after every chapter, but I managed to finish it.

I couldn't get entirely what was the point of the story. It was nothing else than the two main charaters chasing each other through the whole book, but reluctant to act on their attraction for each other. They spent a drunken night together but not one of them remembers what exactly happened, so the book was about them remembering that night in bits and pieces.

The whole jealousy thing made me think maybe their one night stand was so passionate and hot that's why they acted the way they did. And if it was the case, maybe it would have been okay. But it wasn't! When we find out what happened between them I was so bored I literally fell asleep in the middle of that scene.

The book touched a few subjects, like Mia's and Ethan's family, their hunger for success, but they were not deep enough for me to care.
I FELT DETACHED from the story. It felt like I was watching everything from the sidelines even though the book was written in both Mia's and Ethan's POV.

Also it felt like that whole intern thing was a bit unrealistic.

*1.5 stars*