The Cheapest ROOM

I'm passionate about books and reading...

A Little Too Far

A Little Too Far - Lisa Desrochers INTENSE! That's the best way to describe this book!
It was absolutely breathtaking!

It took me forever to write this review. Why? Because there are no words good enough to do this book justice!

The book is stretching the boundaries of everything forbidden or taboo, as the title says it, "a little too far".
After reading the synopsis, I knew immediately it won't be the usual New Adult story. It screams "trouble", but in the best way possible!

A Little Too Far is brilliantly written. The story feels real and you can easily relate to the characters. The romance is beautiful, the sexy scenes scorching hot and the setting is beyond gorgeous! Mostly the book is set in Rome, Italy!!! So not only you get to read a romantic story, but you'll do it while virtually visiting the most stunning places in Rome.

Let's see the story and characters!

LEXI BANKS seems to be a magnet for all things forbidden.

“I just had totally mind-blowing sex with my step brother. And I'm leaving for Rome in two days. Which is a good thing because I just had totally mind-blowing sex with my step brother.”

Yep, you've read it right! Lexi and Trent have been best friends even before their parents fell in love with each other and got married. Their feelings were always more than brother-sister love, but they repressed these feelings because of the family. Well, up until now. After they sleep together, Lexi and Trent's life becomes immediately more complicated and their feelings more difficult to ignore.

TRENT, the "infamous" step-brother, he is nice, plays guitar and he is super-hot! The connection between him and Lexi is deep and touching, their chemistry is palpable.

If they were any other two people in the Universe, their love wouldn't be a social taboo. But because they are step-brother and sister, they can't act freely on their feelings and they have to consider the impact it would have on their whole family.

At first I was worried that it will be weird to read the love scenes between them. Well, it was unnecessary! The story is so well written, you can feel the beautiful connection between Lexi and Trent, and from the moment you do, you'll have the overwhelming urge to fight the world to protect their love with everything you've got! Trust me, their "family-bond" won't be an issue at all.

Lexi is confused and scared. She knows Trent is off-limits, but she can't help her feelings for him. So it's a good thing she has to leave for Rome in a few days. She got a year-long scholarship and she is hoping to figure out her feelings while she is abroad.

But even with an ocean between them, Lexi is missing Trent every minute.

“I feel myself implode, and all I can think about is how much I miss him. I miss curling into his arms and telling him about my day. I miss knowing he’ll always be mine—that no one will ever know me like he does. I miss his lips and his hands. I miss his heart and his soul. I miss every part of him.
I feel so empty.
Can a person die of emptiness?”

Her feelings are also filled with guilt. She was raised as a Catholic, so she feels the need to confess all her sins. That's how she meets the young soon-to-be priest, Reverend Moretti who is only a few months away from becoming a priest and living his life in celibacy.

ALESSANDRO MORETTI is friendly, gorgeous and totally off-limits!
He and Lexi spend a lot of time exploring the historical places of Rome and they become close friends.

Things turn even more complicated when the young reverend starts to look at Lexi differently and starts to question his chosen path.
Lexi isn't indifferent to his charm either and feels like her feelings for him are maybe more than simple friendship.

“Yep. The tingle in my groin is unmistakable. I've got the hots for the good reverend. I thought I was going to hell before, but this pretty much cements it.”

Yep, I told you: INTENSE!

It surprised me that it wasn't weird to read about the Church reference at all! I was prepared to be creeped out, but it never happened!

Alessandro is really kind and considerate and it's easy to fall for him.

“You walked into my life, and from the first moment I laid eyes on you, you made me feel things I'd thought I'd suppressed-primal urges that needed to be satisfied. At first, I thought you were sent by the Lord to test my devotion. I thought you were my final temptation, and that, if I was strong enough to resist you, I was worthy of serving the Lord. I have prayed every day for direction, and every day, He brings me closer to you. What he's shown me is that my devotion to him is not stronger than your hold on me. I'm not strong enough to serve him faithfully. I think about you and I dream about you and.... I want you every waking minute.”

Actually the hot scenes between Alessandro and Lexi made me blushing. LOL
I couldn't entirely forget that he was an almost-priest, so it just made my feelings more intense and interesting.

*sigh* I fell in love with both Trent and Alessandro. At that point I knew whoever Lexi chooses at the end, it will rip my heart in two. And it did! One minute I was rooting for Alessandro, the next I was crying for Trent because I missed him and Lexi together. It was unbelievable how the author made me fell so much!

I won't tell you which boy Lexi chooses at the end! You have to read the book to find out! :)

I cried big ugly tears when she chose HIM. Half of my soul was happy, the other half was crying and hurting! I wanted her to choose both! :D

But of course it was impossible! Lexi had to choose the one she could not live without.

Can't wait for the sequel, A Little Too Much to come out in November! I hope HE gets his own happy ending!

I'm speechless! Definitely one of the best books I've read this year!

I know many of you might have issues with the theme of the book. But don't judge before reading it!

And don't ever forget: Everybody has the right to love and be loved! ;)

***** 5 huge forbidden stars *****