The Cheapest ROOM

I'm passionate about books and reading...

A Different Blue

A Different Blue - Amy Harmon What a journey! This book is amazing! Definitely a keeper!

They say "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies" and it's really true. I've felt like I aged like a hundred years after reading this book. I don't say it in the bad way! The author leads us through Blue's teenage/adult years like a pro! I felt like I was literally living in the story!

“Once upon a time there was a little blackbird, pushed out of the nest, unwanted.”

Blue Echohawk doesn't know who she is. She was abandoned when she was only two and rised by a stranger. She doesn' know her real name, even the day she was born. She is 19 and still attending high school, only for the reason because she started going to school at 10. She is smart, but rebellious, and very difficult to tame.

Wilson (Darcy) is the new history teacher at Bolder High School from England. He is only 22, but he is really smart and graduated early from college. He is funny and easy-going, history and his cello is his passion, everybody adores him. Well, everybody except Blue (at first at least).

“Maybe it was simply his cool accent and his youth. The entire student body tried to mimic him. Girls crowded around him, and the boys watched him, fascinated, as if a rock star had descended into our midst. He was the talk of the school, an overnight sensation, instantly beloved because he was a novelty - and a very attractive novelty if you liked slightly unruly hair and grey eyes and British accents.”

The first weeks Blue is disrespectful toward her new teacher, she even tries to make fun of his lessons with her witty comments. But Wilson is hard to crack and he sees through Blue's perfectly built, seemingly hard facade.

“I know you are incredibly bright, because when you are not being a smartarse your comments in class are very insightful, and when you ARE being a smartarse you are witty and clever and you make me laugh even when I want to slap you.”

Over the weeks we get to learn Blue's story parallel with Wilson's history lessons.

The attraction between the two is amazing! They slowly become friends, fell in love with each other. The story is slow-built and beautifully written!

This book is about friendship, love, and making sometimes hard decision through life. It shows how difficult can be love and let someone close enought to love us back.

“I was scarred but I was not broken. Beneath my wounds I was still whole. Beneath my insecurities, beneath my pain, beneath my struggle, beneath it all, I was still whole.”

Why only 4 stars?

As I said earlier, the story was slow-built, which is great. But in some places it felt too slow, dragging even and I was bored a tiny bit. So that's why I'll be strict and take away a star. :)

Other than that, the story was really beautiful! It's a must-read, trust me!

**** 4 beautiful stars ****